Monday, June 23, 2008

5 Hundred Thousand Uses for Vinegar...



Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a little. But the uses for vinegar can go ON and ON. In my quest for going GREEN, I've decided to change out my cleaning products. I was tired of the headaches every time I cleaned my bathrooms anyway. So instead of paying of fortune on commercial natural cleaning products I decided to look into the very OLD use of vinegar.

I now use vinegar primarily for cleaning. In fact vinegar can clean and deodorize just about anything in your house. I keep a spray bottle with vinegar in the shower and spray down the doors when I'm finished. Once I was completely out of conditioner and used the vinegar in its place. Yes, you can do that! Everything from floors, appliances, windows, carpet, hair, etc. Cleaning is a breeze. All I need is a spray bottle with half vinegar & half water and my cleaning towels and I'm off. My bathrooms, windows and counters always sparkle.

What, you say that vinegar smells like pickles? However, vinegar doesn't smell after it dries. In fact, there are no lingering smells of any kind.

Here are some more great tips on using vinegar.


Speaking of going GREEN, I just love these new shopping bags:

They hold more groceries than the plastic bags. I use only 4 bags for grocery shopping because they hold so much. And they are so much easier to carry with over the shoulder straps. Since hearing the devastating effects of plastic bags, I welcome such a handy alternative.

2 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Great post...love the vinegar ideas!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Cheryl said...

Great tips! I knew that and used to use vinegar but got lazy- Thanks for reminding me, I'll get right on it!
Cheryl